Bullied Georgia Teen Receives $40,000 of Free Plastic Surgery
14-year-old Nadia Ilse before her surgery and after. (Photo: cnn.com)
We just found out about Nadia Ilse, a Georgia teen who received $40,000 worth of free plastic surgery to help her avoid being bullied at school. It’s a common story of a kid being harassed at school (or perhaps experienced), but this instance has an unusual ending.
This is INSANE.
Pinning back her ears I understand, and that’s a relatively minor procedure and directly related to the bullying she was experiencing. Kids are mean about ears. That small change would have a huge impact on her self-esteem
But to perform surgery on her nose and chin? When there was nothing wrong with them in the first place? This is insane to me. I have a hard time believing that she was bullied about her nose and chin - her nose looks cute and normal, in the before picture, and do kids even notice chins unless they are absolutely missing or extremely dimpled? She has such a pretty face. I doubt she even thought of her nose and chin as “imperfect” in such an extreme sense before.
Telling a 14 year old girl that her nose and chin might as well be “fixed” while they’re pinning her ears back makes me sick. These people should be ashamed of themselves for altering her face. That is a completely separate issue from merely pinning back her ears.
- world-realities reblogged this from birchbox
- dyideesh reblogged this from birchbox
- yeahokayilldowhateveriwant reblogged this from birchbox and added:
- hndwrttn reblogged this from birchbox and added:
- stephaniexwins likes this
- dearestjack likes this
- chynawhyte likes this
- videogameheart likes this
- soy reblogged this from birchbox and added:
- whatshallweeverdo likes this
- itsumaden reblogged this from birchbox and added:
- thehiddenrabbit reblogged this from birchbox
- slapdashhh likes this
- birchbox posted this